Monday, August 1, 2011

Gypsy Life for a Homebody

We've had a week at home, and will be on the road again come Wednesday morning. Hi ho, a gypsy life!

Must admit, my nesting heart wants to settle into being home and spend my evenings crocheting baby blankets while my husband works or reads on the couch next to me. And that's not just a pregnant thing. I'm mostly a homebody, if I'm allowed to be. I generally gravitate toward comfort and coziness, and life on the road is anything but comfortable.

But when I'm out there, and I'm seeing people encounter God in new ways, I feel like I'm right where I need to be. I feel like I'm being faithful with what He's given me; like I'm using my few days here on earth wisely. I'm being pushed out of my comfort zone. I'm practicing moving things with prayer, hearing from the Lord, prophesying over people, laying hands on them and seeing God impact their hearts. Taking what I know and what I've been given, and sharing it. It's work, but it's effective. And it's worth it.

So I will enjoy my peaceful evenings at home. And then I will go and thank the Lord for the opportunity to minister to and encourage the people He holds so dear.

Well, I'm hungry, so this will be the end of this post. Much to do in preparation for this next trip, which will be a whopping 3 weeks long. Fortunately most of it is in Texas. Yes, that is fortunate indeed. :)

-H

3 comments:

  1. You're beautiful and so encouraging! Much love to you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how as a young person I imagined myself being the one out on the road, traveling and ministering, and yet somehow I am the one at home sitting on the couch crocheting baby blankets. :) Did someone pull a "parent trap" on us? :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 you. Hurry home. Things will be different when you get back.

    ReplyDelete